I have compiled some great gifts ideas that are perfect for the migraineurs on your holiday shopping list or for migraineurs to request from friends and family when they ask for your wish list.
- Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches by Teri Robert
- All in My Head by Paula Kamen
- Break Through Pain by Shinzen Young
- best sellers in audiobook format: Having a migraine can make it impossible to read, but many of us still want to be able to keep our minds engaged. These are some of my favorites of the books I have recently read: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, Madness, and the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson, The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer, and Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. All are available on audio CD.
- Bright Eyes, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning: I find his voice so soothing.
- Bob Dylan, Modern Times: Wonderfully relaxing music.
- Dixie Chicks, Taking the Long Way: Eminently listenable and filled with both beautiful and fun tracks.
- Sound Medicine: Music for Healing: The perfect soundtrack to promote relaxation and calm.
- Healing with Hypnosis: Headache Relief: With practice, hypnosis may be able to help you learn to exert greater control over your pain.
TOOLS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- home cooked, freezer friendly meals
- gift card to a bakery or sandwich shop: You probably have local favorites to consider, which I highly encourage, but as far as chains are concerned, I recommend Panera,
- gift certificate to an easy meal assembly store or (even better) a personalized coupon that allows the recipient to select the meals of his/her choice and the offer of your time and energy to go assemble the meals and deliver them to the recipient; check out this link for a list of meal prep stores all across the country: Easy Meal Prep Association.
- gift certificate for a cleaning service
- personalized coupons: offer to run errands, bring dinner and a movie for an evening in, help with household chores, walk the dog, pick up the kids, shovel snow, mow the lawn, or complete other helpful tasks, redeemable at the recipient's time of choice.
- gift certificate to Netflix, Blockbuster Online, Audible.com, or the iTunes Store.
- massage gift certificate
- acupuncture gift certificate
- subtly scented soaps, lotions & body washes: I like Bath & Body Works body wash and lotion in Sheer Fresia, Cotton Blossom, or Sweet Pea; Zum Bar Soap in Oatmeal/Lavender or Lavender/Mint; and Avalon Organics Bath & Body Wash and Hand & Body Lotion in Lavender or Peppermint
- products from the Origins Peace of Mind line, especially On-the-Spot Relief, a wonderful minty lotion for your pulse points
Technorati Tags: migraines, chronic illness, health, somebody heal me