Here are some tips for working around migraine-related communication difficulties when you see your doctor.
1. Prepare a list of questions and concerns in advance.
2. Bring at least two copies of your list to the appointment: one for you and one for the doctor.
3. Bring a trusted friend or family member to help make sure you get all your questions answered and concerns addressed.
4. State up front that you are having a migraine or recovering from one and having more trouble than usual expressing yourself.
5. Take notes during the appointment in case you have trouble remembering what the doctor said.
Technorati Tags: depression, migraines, chronic illness, health, somebody heal me
Subscribe to the Somebody Heal Me feed:
Subscribe in a reader or subscribe by e-mail.
Content by Diana E. Lee.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.