Here is an overview of my main remaining options:
- Occipital Nerve Stimulator
- visit the Michigan Headache & Neurological Institute and get inpatient treatment - pros & cons
- Pro - Support in getting off narcotics, which is something I'm interested in doing.
- Pro - Opportunity to consult with another doctor.
- Con - One-size-fits-all treatment.
- Con - Little time with actual doctor.
- Con - Not convinced they are offering anything I haven't already tried.
- Con - Poor sleep the entire visit.
- Con - Indefinitely trapped in inpatient unit.
Right now I'm leaning toward another visit to Dr. Krusz and maybe a trial of an occipital stimulator. Dr. G. said he could do the trial of it and then he would send me to a colleague in Denver for the actual implantation surgery if the trial goes well.
Technorati Tags: depression, migraines, chronic illness, health, somebody heal me
Subscribe to the Somebody Heal Me feed:
Subscribe in a reader or subscribe by e-mail.
Content by Diana E. Lee.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.