In light of this, I want you to know that today is World Suicide Prevention Day. The theme Take 5 to Save Lives for the 2010 campaign stands for 5 simple points for increasing suicide risk awareness.
(1) Learn the warning signs of suicide risk: Warning Signs for Suicide.
(2) Join the movement to save lives by using your Facebook status and Twitter account to spread this message. You can also join the virtual event on Facebook: World Suicide Prevention Day Event.
(3) Spread the word. Commit to telling at least 5 people what you have learned today.
(4) Support a friend. If you know someone who is struggling (online or offline) extend a helping hand. You have the power to save a life.
(5) Reach out for help. If you or a friend have concerns call the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for help.
Subscribe to the Somebody Heal Me feed: Subscribe in a reader or subscribe by e-mail. Follow me on Twitter @somebodyhealme.
Content by Diana E. Lee.DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.