(1) Sign the AHDA petition calling on Congress to hold hearings into the burden of migraine and other headache disorders. Despite the fact that millions of Americans are affected by migraine disease, we only have about 1,600 signatures. We can do better and you can help with that. Urge Congressional Hearings on the Impact of Migraine & Headache Disorders.
(2) Pass along information about the current AHDA petition to your friends and family and encourage them to sign up for action alerts for future calls to action.
(3) Donate to the Migraine Research Foundation. MRF's operational costs are completely underwritten, so your donation goes entirely to migraine-related research. Migraine Research Foundation Donations Page.
(4) Educate your loved ones generally about the reality of migraine disease, how it impacts our lives and what they can do to support us. Check out Teri Robert's Migraine.com post for some ideas of things you might want to share: 10 Things I Want to Share About Migraines.
(5) Follow organizations and advocates through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to stay abreast of the latest information and calls to action for migraine awareness. You can follow Somebody Heal Me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/somebodyhealme and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/somebodyhealme. You can follow Migraine.com on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/migrainedotcom and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/migrainedotcom.
Subscribe to the Somebody Heal Me feed: Subscribe in a reader or subscribe by e-mail. Follow me on Twitter @somebodyhealme.
Content by Diana E. Lee.DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.