Today's prompt is: "Dear Genie." Put together a wish list for your life.
I'm going to make two wish lists. The first is of things I think are possible even if I continue living with disabling chronic migraines into the indefinite future. The other is a list of things I'd love to do in my life if my chronic migraines ever revert to episodic status and allow me more flexibility.
Possible with Chronic Migraines:
- Have a baby. Maybe even more than one. We always talked about whether we'd have two or three kids. It seems like we had those talks in a different world to me now considering how hard it has been to pull the trigger on trying for one and how hard it has been for me to get pregnant.
- Help more people with their disability-related legal issues.
- Help more patients take charge of their lives despite living with migraine disease and other chronic illnesses through my blogging and other projects.
- Build more local friendships. I have no local friends. It sucks.
- Decorate our house. It's still like a blank canvas, and we've lived here for six years.
Only Possible with Remission of Chronic Migraines:
- Return to law practice as a disability lawyer.
- Build my own disability law practice.
- Return to law practice in government, which is what I did before I had to stop working.
* * *
Subscribe to the Somebody Heal Me feed: Subscribe in a reader or subscribe by e-mail. Follow me on Twitter @somebodyhealme.
Content by Diana E. Lee.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.