I have an arsenal of simple tips & tricks I rely on to help myself feel better about how I look even when I feel horrible. And worry that my looks match.
Here are things that work well for me:
- Treat myself to a pedicure. Having well maintained toes boosts my mood and the process is relaxing.
- Freshen up. I always keep two very important products on hand: (1) pre-moistened face cleaning wipes (2) Johnson & Johnson Lavender & Chamomile Baby Powder. I use the wipes for cleaning my fresh and even for freshening up my body in a pinch. I use the baby paper to cut the greasies in my hair when I don't feel up to showering. If I can at least clean my face, freshen up my body & hair and brush my teeth, everything seems a little bit less tragic.
- Put on just a touch of makeup. I use Bare Minerals powder foundation, so if I apply that, mascara and lip balm or gloss, I instantly seem to feel more confident about any blemishes or other imperfections.
- Get my hair colored and/or get a new cut. There's nothing quite like stepping out of the salon with a great new look to make me feel less awful, even on otherwise bad days. And it's anxiety-free if you can find a stylist you really, truly trust with your hair.
- Always remember my husband likes me better without makeup. Free and always available!
What are your tips? Please share them in the comments.
Content by Diana E. Lee.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this site constitutes medical or legal advice. I am a patient who is engaged and educated and enjoys sharing my experiences and news about migraines, pain and depression. Please consult your own health care providers for advice on your unique situation.